We can define sustainable development as development that meets the needs of the present generation, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Sustainability is a long-term goal that does not exempt us from generating processes and means that allow us to achieve models where environmental, social, cultural and economic considerations are balanced in the search for a better quality of life.
Últimos recursos Sustainability
Rethinking environmental problems
- To understand the main environmental issues.
- To be able to come up with solutions.
- To discuss while considering the consequences of the different options.
- To value acting responsibly towards the environment.
3, 2, 1 metaphor for solidarity
- Reflect on the concept of solidarity.
- Work on the relationship between empathy and solidarity.
- Make suggestions on the change of environment.
- Be aware of our responsibility with the needed change.
- To assess the impact of human activity in nature.
- To find similarities and differences between the two images provided.
- Express their own ideas.
- To recognize the importance of taking care of the environment.
- Learn how to work as a team, practicing active listening and the ability to reach an agreement.
- Encourage students to take concrete actions to help the climate.
- Show that the sum of many small actions adds up to a relevant action.
- To analyze the dependency on energy, mainly in the cities.
- To take stock of the unnecessary quantity of energy that is consumed every day.
- To reflect on what the priorities would be if the quantities of energy were limited.
- To learn the importance of social participation in environmental conflicts and to promote the practice of social skills.
- To study the different modes of transport to get to the school center.
- To analyze the use of the private vehicle in the school center.
- To study the damage done by private vehicle-based transport, mainly in terms of CO2 emmission.
- To propose viable alternatives to improve the mobility of the school community, looking for more sustainable options.
- To approach everything that is related to electrical power one way or another.
- To start to understand how important energy is in our daily lives and include the importance of reducing energy consumption to the extent of our abilities.