Date: 2022 10th November
Fight against exclusion
1. To know and support the educational, pastoral and transforming work of the Itaka-Escolapios network, to be jointly responsible for its mission and to contribute to cover the ordinary expenses that allow its viability.
2. To highlight, review and encourage the transforming character of the Piarist centres, also offering EDUCA, as a network of support and connection of educational centres for social transformation.
3. To contribute by sensitising children from 12 to 15 years of age in our centres to carry out the proposed campaign, so that they can take steps forward to become more Piarist and transformative centres, in line with the proposal of the Global Education Pact, which invites us to listen to the younger generations in order to build a dignified life for all.
4. To facilitate the understanding and necessity of these projects and missions, presenting volunteering as a way of life.
5. To introduce and explain the importance of welcoming all people, minimising differences and highlighting similarities.Adjuntos:
Duration: approximately 2 sessions of 45 minutes
The main development theme is to learn about and work on the Emmaus province's project for welcoming migrants. We want the students to learn about this situation and to relate it to the need for this year's solidarity campaign.
We use the Feel - Imagine - Change format to create the activity and make it easy for young people to understand. In each of the stages we will do the following:
Feel: Presentation of APM - Itaka Escolapios
Firstly, the APM programme (Accompaniment of Migrants) and the reality of migrants in Spain will be presented. To do this, we recommend that the teacher watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNESZi1nEPA ,where the programme is explained in detail. This way, the content can be adapted to the age and characteristics of the group of students.
The students will then be able to take the following trivia quiz on the Accompaniment of Migrants programme:https://view.genial.ly/5f9867ada536360d0def4a6a/game-trivial
Imagine: Art workshop
In this second part, the students will have to freely express ("raising their brush") their opinion on the subject of migration, reception and the rights of people and children. To do so, they will work on different techniques such as collage, brush painting, pointillism, etc., and artistic movements such as pop art or urban art, which served as a critique of injustice.
We propose to include it in the subject of Artistic, Plastic and Visual Education, in order to make it a transversal activity and to be able to include it in the classroom programme.
Finally, at the end of the campaign, the students' work will be displayed in an area of the classroom or school so that the whole educational community can see it. In addition, an "auction" can be held to bid for a specific piece of work..
Esta actividad se propone en el marco de la Campaña de solidaridad 2022-23