Date: 2021 25th October
- To be able to put themselves in someone else’s place.
- To recognize the importance of taking care of the environment.
- To propose sustainable alternatives.
- To practice expressing themselves through art.
In this activity, we can practice the literary device of personification.
The result of this activity is a literary creation in which Nature expresses its feelings and how the destruction of the environment is affecting her.
We propose a list of possibilities with a range of appropriate ages for each of them. Obviously, these are just ideas. Each school center knows their own students better than anybody else and they are free to choose different activities for different age groups.
- Dramatization: from 3 to 9 years old.
- Students think of and prepare (with props and costumes that may be available in the room) a small play.
- Written short story: from 6 to 12 years old.
- Students create a small illustrated short story, with the structure of a beginning, development, and ending, in which nature explains how it feels.
- Comic: from 9 to 18 years old.
- Students create a story with a comic, with the strips that are considered appropriate for the chosen age range.
- Stop Motion: from 12 to 18 years old.
- Students have probably already heard of this. To find out more about what it consists of and how to create a simple one, here is a utorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLjXD7Zdvsk
- Audible short story: from 14 to 18 years old.
- It is an option for older students. Students write and record in an audio format (such as a podcast) a short story about the topic. The best ones can be shown to the younger students.
- Puppet show: from 12 to 18 years old.
- Students create a puppet show that can be performed for the younger students.
- Nature poems:
- Poetry writing and contest for children from 9 to 18 years old.
- Illustrate a poem about nature that is either created by everybody collaborating or that is proposed by the teacher from 3 to 9 years old.
Once the activity is finished, we suggest carrying out a small group reflection. To do so, one option could be to craft a tweet with the template that we provide.
- We encourage you to publish your tweets in your school’s social media and to mention Itaka-Escolapios.
This activity is part of the 21-22 Solidarity Campaign.